November 20, 2015 6:30 pm
Fashion is change. Fashion impacts every aspect of our lives, not only from the clothes we wear, but to the fabrics in our homes, our cars, and the furniture we use.
As a fashion illustrator, Claire Thompson seeks to bring to life the patterns, colors, silhouettes and textiles we wear everyday. Fashion is not only confined to what we wear, but how we wear it; what we pair it with and how fashion helps create – and change – our identity.
Claire’s work captures a fleeting moment in time, the intimate relationships humans have between fashion and their bodies everyday.
Based in Brooklyn, NY, Claire has travelled throughout the US documenting fashion in many large cities. Her work spans from live runway illustration to editorial and advertising. She has illustrated live at New York Fashion Week, London Fashion Week and Bridal Fashion Week. The pieces in this show are just a small fraction of the hundreds of fashion illustrations Claire has painted during her career.
1. Wind | Palo Alto | 2010
2. Stand | Palo Alto | 2010
3. Backed | Palo Alto | 2010
4. Rain Man | Brooklyn | 2013
5. Smoke & Mirrors | Los Angeles | 2014
6. Boys Are Back In Town | Manhattan | 2014
7. Brooklynite | Brooklyn | 2014
8. Black|Light Series #1 | Los Angeles | 2012
9. Black|Light Series #2 | Los Angeles | 2012
10. Right Foot Forward | Brooklyn | 2014
11. Gentleman’s Adventure Kit | Brooklyn | 2014
12. Bow Ties | Brooklyn | 2013
13. Glory & Gold | Cincinnati | 2015
14. Dancing In The Rain | Brooklyn | 2013
15. Pride Parade | Manhattan | 2014
16. Leader Of The Pack | Brooklyn | 2014
17. Green Trench | Brooklyn | 2013
18. Blue Smoke | San Francisco | 2012
19. Dance On Fire | Palo Alto | 2011
20. More Dior | Brooklyn | 2014
21. Reflection | Brooklyn | 2015
22. Stand | San Francisco | 2010
23. Blue Electric | Palo Alto | 2011
24. The Dreamer | Manhattan | 2015
For more information, please visit www.helloclaire.com