Want to help? There are all sorts of ways you can help out!
Donating your special skills in such areas as Marketing, PR, Fundraising and Finance would make a big difference. If you have enthusiasm or a little bit of time to give back to the community, please contact our volunteer coordinator—oh yeah, we don’t have one!! Please contact any board member for more information on volunteering.
We LOVE our community and are GRATEFUL for so much. Please help us continue to grow in 2012 and beyond.
PLG Arts 2011 Highlights:
- The Neighborhood Show - Pop-up Group Show in partnership with PLGNA. Over 3200 people seeing the work of over 100 artists, musicians, crafters and performers.
- Daydream in Prospect Park and Brower Park. Free Shakespeare to nearly 1400 kids and parents.
- Abiyoyopalooza! in partnership with The Maple Street School. African storytelling at the Audubon Center.
- Jazz Nights at the Inkwell Cafe. Amazing PLG musicians playing right on Rogers Ave.
- Community Mural on Fenimore Street with the support of 65 Fen.
We would especially like to thank Citizens Committee for New York City, The Brooklyn Arts Council, The Prospect Park Alliance, The Friends of Brower Park, and our awesome State Senator Eric Adams who continues to sing our praises (and play a little steel pan!)